Voting

Thursday, October 9, 2008

PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN!

My Dad came to the United States (LEGALLY, I might add) from Lima, Peru in August 1972. 36 years later in August 2008, he became a U.S. citizen. When I asked him why now after all these years, he replied, "Because the cost keeps going up!" My Dad is full-blooded Japanese, but Spanish is his first language. Since coming to America, he speaks fluent English, has gone to college here, has been married to my Mom for over 32 years, and has been at the same job for nearly 30 years. He is proud to be an American, and I am proud to call him my Daddy!

We were all able to be at the swearing-in ceremony.

He gladly received his official certificate of citizenship.

One proud and happy new American!

Congratulations, Daddy! We love you!

3 comments:

David and Rebekah said...

That is a great story of true patriotism. Wish we had more of those in 2008!

Tabatha said...

How wonderful! Is he also able to vote this election? Tell him, thank you, from an anonymous American, and I'm proud of him and for him, too!

John and Pamela Cabrera said...

Yes, he is. He registered to vote as soon as he could. He's so excited about voting for the first time. He's been all over the presidential debates. You know, so he can make an "informed choice"!