Voting

Sunday, October 12, 2008

POTTY TIME! ALREADY?!?

Alexa will be 20 months old on Tuesday October 14th. A few months ago I started putting her on the potty before her bath just to see how she would react. She had no problem sitting there, but never did anything. One night a few weeks ago, she surprised me by actually going on the potty! She went a few more times after that, when she was about to get in the tub. Then, last week, she started telling me "potty, potty" (which actually came out "bobby, bobby" at first, and now it's "otty, otty") anytime I took her diaper off. So we started making daily trips to the "otty", but she hadn't been going. She just wanted to sit there and then say "done". Until today. She went on the potty twice! Imagine that. I know she's not ready to be fully potty trained yet, but I'm encouraged by the hope that she won't be 3 like Michael was!

2 comments:

Karis said...

Krista's not quite a year, but I was having "won't it be nice when she's potty trained" thoughts the other day. I didn't start Kayla working with Kayla until she was two and even then the first couple of months were pretty rough. I'm impressed that she is doing so well already. It's so nice when it's their idea! That's half the battle.

The French Family said...

Potty Training memories - always so fun!!