Voting

Friday, November 16, 2007

My Turn :>} God Is Good!!! All the Time!!!!

Yes things have been and still are crazy around here. I mean what can I say, I live with Pam, although they are getting much better. ;)
God has been soo good to me!! Since we have been up here, He has been working in my life and heart to His Glory. Even to the point that through this training for my new job, God is teaching me not how to be a good employee, but also a better father, husband, and Christian.
My new job is WONDERFUL!!!! I have only been a clerk for the first week and a day, but its been one of the greatest week and a day of work I have had in a very long time. Thank the Lord for getting me out of Pepsi. I still need to take one final test on this coming Tuesday, 20th of Nov. at the Dept. of Homeland Security because it is in a State Building and a contracted govt. job. So pray that I will pass. Okay so its not the final test I will still have a week of firearms training, you know all the "hard" work, shooting guns.
I am not quite the traveling "Where's John" like some other business men I know, but I travelled down to San Antonio, TX almost two weeks ago to help a lady move.
Can I just say I am glad to be back at home. I told this lady I would move all her belongings for her, went to her house, checked inventory, double checked and started getting things ready.
Got the truck rented, transportation back, hired some help, things were looking up and up.
So now on the day of the move we go pick up the truck, no problem. We go to the house and start loading the truck things are going well. I start moving things here and there and back trying to fit everything just right. We get the truck fully loaded and the ruck is too small. A fully loaded truck and still having nearly two(2) rooms remaining. Tried loading her car with stuff, not enough room. I try calling back to the truck company, explain my situation, maybe they can help me out and give me a bigger truck. Well of course Mr Cabrera we can help you out, but its gonna cost ya. $600. later and six feet more than when we started we got a bigger truck. After returning the original truck, we had to unload from one to the other. Oh what fun it is to switch, from one truck to another. Still not quite enough, but I could not wait until the following day at some point for an even bigger one. So here we are, started working ninesh in the morning, almost nine at night, just getting on the road. The trip in a car straight through would take just over 24 hours. I am beginning in a rental truck, towing an older Subaru, just me and one other person. Thirty(30) hours later, only stopping once for an hour for sleep, then later only for fuel, we arrived at the hotel. I was driving for all but 4-5 hours, slept of that 3 hours, needless to say I was tired. But God kept us safe the entire trip. Oh, my help had just, a few months earlier, received his drivers license. So the biggest vehicle he had driven up to this point may have been a van, maybe. So I was a little worried with him behind the wheel. And as most of you may know I drove a tractor/trailer for a living, so I was quite comfortable in large vehicles. But a 30 hour trip, I needed to sleep at some point.
That same morning we arrived at the hotel, I got a call at 7am from the lady wondering when we were getting started. A few hours later, we are unloading some of her possessions at her rental home, then take the remainder to a storage unit. All was well unloading, the morning went by quickly, and we were done. We said goodbye, started on our way to return the truck. Only now we are just about on a major road when I hear, tires squealing. The car carrier some how had its brakes locked up. I get out fix that, and continue on. We arrive at the truck company at 4pm to find they are closed. Not a big deal, I can leave the keys in the overnight box. But I forgot to fuel the truck one more time, we leave to find a fueling station only to look back at the car carrier swerving all over the road. It became unhooked. Don't ask me how, all I know is that I have to find a way to pull a car carrier out from under a 22 foot rental truck. I rolled the one side of the truck up on the curve and we pulled the carrier up the hill and out from under the truck, not an easy task. Found a fueling station and tried again to return the truck, only to find one more situation. No way to get back to the hotel. Now I remind you it is only around 4pm. I ask someone where there may be a car rental nearby, "about a half mile or so, on the left." We walk over there, by this time it is 4:30pm, yeah you guessed it, they were closed at 4pm. Now what? I know, a Police Officer will help us get to our hotel, we can find something to eat close by, then be at the airport in the morning. The first officer I tried to flag down was in a Dodge Charger, and I did not know they could turn corners so fast. Because when I tried to flag him down, he hit the gas so hard and kept driving like he had seen a ghost or something. We sat there for nearly 2 hours, until our hotel was able to send someone to find us. By now I have had all of San Antonio I could handle, we found a bite to eat nearby then went to sleep. Woke up early the following morning for our flights. Our hotel shuttled us to the airport, going thru security checkpoint, not even thinking I just moved a lady and having knives, screwdrivers and other asst. tools. I had to be searched and my good knife taken at the airport.
I was glad to be in the air on my way home to see momma and the 3 little bears.

1 comment:

A {Perfectly} Pampered Mama said...

Wow, crazy trip! We will be praying for your test.

Derek and Esther