Voting

Thursday, November 15, 2007

A LONG TIME AGO.......

I posted on our blog page!!! For those of you who have faithfully (or not so faithfully) checked our blog, thank you for your patience. I'M SOOOO SORRY!!! I know it's just my procrastination, but I also have an excuse: we have lost the little piece (I don't know what it's called) that we used to upload the pictures from my camera. I know, I know, it's a flimsy excuse because it doesn't always have to have pictures, but it's an excuse! I do have lots of pictures of the kids that I need to post, so I'll probably just get them put on a CD and upload them that way. (We'll see how long THAT takes - hopefully not two months!!!)

Just to update you on our family: John has a new job - HOORAY!!! I am SO happy. When he was with Pepsi, we hardly ever saw him - especially Michael. John worked nights and so he would leave for work around 2:30pm to be there by 4pm. (It took over an hour to drive to Baltimore.) Michael wasn't home from school yet. John worked a 12 hour shift so he didn't get home until 5:30 or 6am and went right to sleep. Michael was up at 7am to get ready for school. John would usually sleep until about noon and then would eat, shower and leave for work again. It was awful for all of us, but Michael only saw him on the weekends. Now, John works for a security company. He's been wanting to get into law enforcement for a LONG time. He has been in training and will be working as a security guard in a state building. He's actually been working as a clerk at the front desk this week. The lady who is normally there is on vacation, and they asked him last Thursday (11/8) if he would cover for her while he was waiting for his uniforms to come in. So, he worked that Friday at the front desk. His uniforms also came on that day, but they asked if he would stay at the front desk another week. He's enjoying it, but I think he'll start his post on Monday. He's been working 6am-2pm. Hopefully he can keep that shift. We really like it! Praise the Lord for His goodness in providing this job!

Alexa is 9 months old now. I can't believe it! Why is it that the nine months of pregnancy seem to take forever (especially the last few months), and then the next thing you know, your baby is nine months old?!? Unbelievable! She is not walking on her own yet, but she has become brave enough to walk only holding one finger instead of two, and she cruises along the furniture. We have to be really careful because the coffee table and two end tables in the living room are glass.

Briana just got her hair cut. It was almost to her waist. I wanted to get the ends cut to make it look better. When I took her on Tuesday, I told the lady that I wanted 2 inches cut off the back, and her bangs trimmed so that they were just above the top of her eyebrows. Well, let's just say that's not exactly how it came out. Her hair is now just past her shoulders, and her bangs are about a half inch above where I wanted them. It still looks cute and the important thing is that she likes it. She's gone to everyone in the family and said, "Do you like my short hair?"

Michael just got his first report card last week. He got all A's. We are all very happy. He is a good student and does well in school. We are praying that it will continue throughout all his school years. Sometimes he really amazes me with the things he knows. He is so smart! Of course, it's not like I'm biased or anything!

As for me, I guess there's nothing much to tell about my world - the motherhood world. Nursing, diaper changing, chauffeuring, etc. Not much has changed, but I wouldn't change it for the world! I love being a mommy!

Thank you so much for visiting and reading my LONG post. I hope I will be getting some pictures on here soon so that I don't bore you to death with all my typing!

4 comments:

A {Perfectly} Pampered Mama said...

Great update! I can't wait to see pictures of all the children!!! Miss you lots,
Esther

Stephen Troell said...

Thanks for the update. We fall in the "faithful" category....wondering if you are all right. Glad to hear things are improving. We love y'all!

Jase Divens said...

Glad to see you back, Pam! So glad to hear about John's job, too. It really makes for a long day when they're gone so much.
Jeanene

The Pepin Family said...

At long last! Glad to hear that things are going well. Looking forward to seeing pics when you get around to it. :)