Voting

Sunday, November 2, 2008

WORKING AGAIN!

Last Monday, October 27th, I started a new job. I haven't been employed outside the home since 2001. I thought it was going to be a HUGE adjustment for me - especially getting up at 4am! I survived a whole week of waking up early, and I survived my first week back at work! I really enjoyed it and I'm actually looking forward to tomorrow. I am an administrative clerk in a government building (Health and Human Services). I work for the same security company that John works for. They are contracted with the government. I work 6am - 2pm, Monday - Friday. John works nights and then comes home and gets Michael and Briana ready for school and stays with Alexa until I get home. It's a grueling schedule for him - pray for him! He's doing a great job as "Mr. Mom". At least he's off on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday nights. He does get a little bit of sleep... occasionally!

3 comments:

A {Perfectly} Pampered Mama said...

Wow, I am glad that you are enjoying it. It does seem scary to work after so long!!!

The French Family said...

Congrats on the job!! I'm glad you like it!!

Rachel Smith said...

It is great when you have a job that you love! It makes it a little easier when you have to leave your family each day. I will be praying for you, John, and the kids as your schedules are changing.