Voting

Saturday, November 29, 2008

ANOTHER BIRTHDAY

On Friday November 28th, I turned another year older. But since 28 is my favorite number, I will continue to be 28 years old for the rest of my life. My Grandma was 29 every year, so I can be 28 every year! Thank you so much to everyone who wished me a Happy Birthday - I had a wonderful day!

We were in New Jersey with John's family for Thanksgiving. We had such a good time! Even after a big feast, they had a cake for me and some presents. And we played Catch Phrase. If you've never played it, get a group together and play. We all had a blast! We left NJ Thursday night and arrived home at 1am Friday. No, we did not go shopping!!! I received gifts from my family and Friday night, John and I got to go away for the night while my Mom kept the kids. Thank you, Mommy!!! Since I started working days and John works nights, we don't have much (ANY) time alone. It was nice to just be alone together.

I know this has nothing to do with my birthday, but I would really like for all of you to pray for a young man from my church. Some of you may already know about him from Facebook or LJF. His name is Daniel Byrd. He is 18 years old. He graduated from our Christian school in May and was down at Pensacola Christian College. He started getting sick and they finally discovered a malignant tumor the size of a basketball in his chest. He is currently in the ICU at Johns Hopkins in Baltimore. The doctors said he is the sickest patient there. The doctors also said that it is a miracle he is still alive, but I know that my God is a God of miracles. He has been showing very good signs of progress. He has already had five rounds of chemo and the tumor is beginning to shrink, but he still has a long way to go. Please pray for Daniel and his family. Daniel is the oldest of 6 children. His parents are Lenny and Lois. I encourage you to visit caringbridge.org and type in danielbyrd (no spaces). The family writes updates in the journal so you can better know how to pray for him specifically. You can leave encouraging notes for the family on there. Please pray. God is listening and answering!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

cough..it's been two and half months since an update.. cough.