Voting

Sunday, July 15, 2007

FOR THE BIRDS


Okay, call me crazy but I thought this was really neat. Just outside the front door of my parents' house is a bush. About a month ago, this nest was discovered inside. I believe they're robin's eggs, though I'm not positive. I wanted to take pictures because I've never seen live baby birds and it was also fun for the kids to watch.


Here are two of the birds not long after they hatched.


All four are finally here! It seemed like their mouths were always open, and the mother bird was kept busy all day long bringing worms.


Here they are with feathers and all. It didn't take long for them to practice flapping their wings, and soon the nest was empty. It was a great experience while it lasted!

1 comment:

Jase Divens said...

Great pictures! And you're not crazy. I would have watched them, too.
Jeanene